You Are Reading

BRIEF 1: DEFINE - Visual Concept Development 1

Within in initial design I explored an always present 'Nav' with large buttons and a mixed colours. The colours however felt distracting from the main content however the large size when them extremely easy to use when navigating the super market. additionally I think with the 'na'v being so large it will need to be hidden as it is taking up a lot of screen space. Within the second screen it is evident that the colours are too bold, when developing the app I moved to a more pastel colour palette that was less vivid and more in keeping with the Morrison's brand. I felt the bold, large imagery worked well so I continued to use this throughout the rest of the application design. It make the app feel more like a magazine which I think will engage the audience more then a traditional application UI. Strong use of iconography which are simple and easy to understand also worked well, so I kept a consistent icon style throughout the app to help users learn the app quickly. Throughout the app design I made the all tappable elements larger than normal as the user need large hit area when walking around the supermarket as they are not stationary like when using a app at home.








Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved